Today, finance leaders can’t operate in a vacuum. They need to be strategic, active partners within the revenue organization, especially with the current market unpredictability. According to Korn Ferry’s 2020 CFO Pulse Survey, almost half (45%) of CFOs surveyed say the two capabilities most critical to the future of the finance function are:
- Strategy enablement
- Operational information, such as reporting and analytics
Both of these capabilities beat out more specialized finance skills like governance and taxation. Today’s finance leaders need to become a strategic partner and leader with a perspective on how the business invests, grows, and operates.
However, CFOs from Korn Ferry’s survey also expressed a desire for tighter communication with their CEOs: 34% said greater alignment on strategic initiatives would improve their relationship with the CEO.
So how can finance leaders streamline how they communicate with other leaders while also analyzing the information they need to be a strategic partner?
One way is to leverage a Revenue Operations Platform like Clari, which can help you become more flexible, optimize forecast reporting, and lead communication that drives alignment.
In this episode of Clari Playbook, I'll share with you a few ways I use Clari to save time and maintain analytical rigor while increasing confidence in our revenue forecast—all in real-time—so I can spend my time being a strategic partner within our business.
Clari Playbook is a video series featuring revenue experts who share their best practices around mastering pipeline visibility, winning renewals and reducing churn, aligning go-to-market teams, and much more.
Check out past episodes of our Clari Playbook series:
- Account Engagement, the Key to Winning Customers and Growing Revenue with Stephanie Glass
View more revenue tips from our recent series, Clari from Home:
- Deal Updates, Micromanagement Free with Diana Cappello, Sales Engineering Manager
- Clari from Home: De-Risking in the Time of Coronavirus with Michael Kenney, Director of Sales
- Managing Renewals and Churn, Spreadsheet Free with Jessica Starr, Director Customer Success Operations
- Identify At-Risk Deals Before They Slip with Vernon Bubb, Managing Director, EMEA
- Save Time Inspecting Deals on the Fly with Kyle Rutter, Senior Sales Director
- Benchmark Rep Performance with Real-Time Data with Maya Connet, Enterprise Sales Director
- Get a pulse on account health in a digital world with Holly Procter, Vice President of Sales